Alkalizing Kale Juice
For cancer patients, and others with critical illness, juicing should be an essential part or your daily nutrition and healing journey. Keeping your body alkaline, as opposed to acidic, is a vital part of your sustained recovery as cancer, in particular, cannot survive in an alkaline environment.
Juicing ensures that essential vitamins and minerals, your body needs for recovery and a strong immune system, are delivered directly to your cells. If you don’t own a good quality juicer (do not use centrifugal juicers) use a Nutribullet, Ninja, or high speed blender such as the Vitamix and add a little pure water (no chlorine, not from plastic bottles) or distilled water.
The only juicers suitable for cancer patients are the following and there is a wide range of pricing so please shop around. Please check out these websites for more information on each.
- The Norwalk two step system – top of the line and designed to last. http://juicing-for-health.com/norwalk-juicer-review
- The Pure juicer – https://purejuicer.com/
- The Champion Juicer (with homogenizing nozzle) and the “Samson Welles” hydraulic press. See below.
If you have non-malignant conditions these others are also suitable:
- Angel Juicer
- Green Star
- Green Power
- Solo Star
- Hurom Slow Juicer
- Omega Juicers (masticating models only)
You want to make enough for a 6 to 8 oz. serving so you may have to experiment a bit with the quantity of your kale leaves.
- Use any type of organic kale you like and organic apples also. Granny Smith is best.
- Start with a couple large handfuls of clean kale leaves and add one medium size apple while grinding or blending.
- If making a smoothie be sure to add enough distilled water to make it drinkable but not too diluted.
This juice, as with others, should be drunk immediately on an empty stomach.
Please note that when juicing for cancer or other critical illnesses keeping fruit intake to a minimum is essential as fruit are high is sugars.