A great way to get high amounts of protein without the use of meat.
- ½ cup uncooked chickpeas
- ½ cup uncooked lentils
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, bulgar wheat or whole wheat pasta
- ½ tbs olive or coconut oil for sautéing
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 cups spinach or kale, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley or cilantro, minced
- 2 tbs tahini
- Cook chickpeas and grain according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan over low-medium heat, add your olive oil and sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic for a few minutes, being careful not to burn. Now add the chopped red pepper and tomato and sauté another 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped kale or spinach and sauté for another few minutes, just until tender. Stir in the tahini, the cooked and drained grains and chickpeas and simmer on low another few minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the minced parsley. Season with Himalayan salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 6 cups.
Source: NutriBullet, Natural Healing Foods