Protein Pot A great way to get high amounts of protein without the use of…
Satay Chicken Bowl With Almond Sauce
This chicken satay dish is a vibrant bowl that incorporates crisp greens, fresh vegetables, slivered almonds, marinated chicken, and nutty quinoa. All these delicious ingredients are tossed in a sweet and spicy almond sauce.
When you make this recipe, you can save time by making the quinoa and almond sauce ahead. Also consider marinating your chicken the night before, or in the morning before you leave for work. With a little prep work in the evening, dinner will ready in less than 30 minutes. Relax and unwind with a meal that only requires a bowl and a fork!
Ingredients For Chicken Satay Bowl
- 8 ounces
boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken tenders, partially frozen, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. Fresh grated ginger
- ¼ tsp.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup
- 2 cups
- ½ cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- ¼ cup each thinly sliced green onion, celery, cucumber, yellow pepper
- 2 Tbsp. slivered almonds
- Almond Sauce (see recipe below)
- Fresh cilantro and Thai basil, finely minced
- Lime wedges
Directions For Chicken Satay Bowl
- Cut partially frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken tenders into 1 inch cubes, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add lime zest and juice, coconut aminos, sliced garlic, grated ginger and powdered turmeric, whisk to combine. Add cubed chicken, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until nicely browned on all sides, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet, season with salt to taste, set aside.
- In a small bowl, add thinly sliced red cabbage, green onion, celery, cucumber, yellow pepper and slivered almonds. Toss to combine, set aside.
- Divide all ingredients, cooked chicken cubes, quinoa, mixed greens, mixed vegetables/slivered almonds, between two bowls, arranging in sections as shown in photo. Garnish with finely minced cilantro, Thai basil and lime wedges. Serve immediately with Almond Sauce (see below) on the side.
Ingredients For Almond Sauce
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- ¼ tsp. Minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. Powdered stevia
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
Directions For Almond Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer sauce over medium heat, 2 to 3 minutes, whisking constantly until smooth and creamy, remove from heat.
- If necessary, thin with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or 1 tablespoon each of coconut aminos and fresh lime juice.
- Serve sauce warm or at room temperature. Garnish with a pinch of red pepper flakes. If not using right away, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Source: The Candida Diet by Lisa Richards. February 12, 2017